North East Lincolnshire SENDIASS operates under the policies and procedures of Barnardo’s, in line with National IASS guidance and following local safeguarding protocols. For more information please see links below to some of our key policies. If you would like more information about a policy or cannot find what you are looking for please contact the service on 01472 355365 or email email@example.com, we would be happy to help.
At North East Lincolnshire SENDIASS we offer a tiered support model, based on National IASS guidance. This means that we offer different levels of support which is tailored to individual need, and depends on a number of factors including complexity of case, parent confidence, knowledge and skills, parent additional needs, existing support structure, language or cultural barriers to services.
Every call to the advice line receives detailed telephone advice and information, even those who go on to receive casework support. We also post out relevant information fact sheets, information on the local offer, relevant workshops and signpost to other sources of useful information e.g. support groups. We also have a Facebook Page on where we post relevant links and articles.
- Referrals can be made by a parent/carer or young person directly to the service, or in some cases a professional may make the referral on behalf of a family.
- To make a direct referral please contact the service on 01472 355365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admin will take your contact details and basic information about your enquiry and pass the referral to a qualified Project Worker. The Project Worker will call you back to discuss your concerns and provide detailed individual advice and information. Our contracted target time for this is within 3 working days, but it is often sooner.
- All professional referrals should complete a professional referral with consent from the family to share information. These details will be passed on to a project worker who will contact the family.
- If during your initial callback it is deemed that your enquiry requires further support, then a full referral will be completed with you on the phone. The Project Worker will advise you of the current waiting list time, if there is one.
Please get in touch with us if you have any feedback on our service whether positive or negative. We are always keen to hear your feedback, thoughts and celebrate or share special moments.
We also really want to know if you feel that we could improve or we are not getting something right and you can read more about making a complaint below.
We believe that by listening we can develop, learn and change so thank you for getting involved.
Your feedback is important to us!
Send us your feedback via email at email@example.com or by mail at 11 Dudley Street, Grimsby, DN31 2AW.
If you are not satisfied with the service received by North East Lincolnshire SENDIASS, in the first instance please contact the Team Manager, Tanya Wormald on 01472 355365 or email Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would prefer to speak to someone at senior management level you can ask for Yasmin Hanif, Locality Children’s Service Manager.
For formal complaints policy and procedure please see the links below:
If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child in North East Lincolnshire, these are the numbers that you can call for advice and to make a referral:
If your matter is of a child safeguarding concern please telephone Families First Action Point on 01472 326292 Option 2.
- If you have reason to believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm, contact the police on 999